Wednesday 25 February 2015

My Office Staff


I have employed 2 elderly staff doing administration, customer service and some accounts. They have both past the retirement age but I still employ them because of their past experiences. The first staff, Margaret has been working for me for more than three years, while the other one, Lilian just joined last July. Margaret is working on a part time basis while Lilian is on full time. Margaret’s job duties are filing and reminders to customers regarding the appointed time for the aircon servicing and repair of air conditioners. As for Lilian, she has to prepare daily invoices for customers, make payments to creditors, fixing appointments with customers for servicing of airconditioners and also some other duties as directed by me.

 

Margaret had been out of working life for nineteen years because she had to look after her two sons when they were young and of school going age as she believed that she had to be by their side during their growing up years. Now that her sons are grown up and have their own families, she decided to join the workforce. Before joining my company she had been working part time all the while. Lilian on the other hand had been working in a manufacturing company for many years before she came to join me.

 

When I am free I will join them in the conversations that they are on and we always joke with each other. Although I am their boss, I never treat them like they are my workers but respect them very much. I will always ask for their advice regarding looking after children and also some nice recipes and I will ask my wife to cook for me. Both my staff can work along happily and Lilian will always guide Margaret along in the job duties.

 

It really is a blessing to have such staff and I feel like they are my mothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment