Sunday 15 February 2015

Celebrating Christmas


Christmas is celebrated by all races worldwide, even in Singapore too. For some snowing countries, it is real fun skiing in the snow. During that time when I was overseas in Korea, I remembered during the skiing, I carelessly tripped and got some slight injuries. Fortunately, it was not that serious, so I managed to move on further. Upon seeing what happened, my wife quickly held on to my daughter with extra care in order to prevent another accident.

 

In Singapore, Christmas at Orchard Road, a popular tourist shopping area is the most captivating area thronged by thousands of people. The whole stretch of Orchard Road is beautifully decorated with colourful lightings and cartoon characters and it really looks like a fairyland. Everyone was busy taking photographs with their mobile phones or cameras. My wife, I and my daughter were also among the crowd busily taking photographs. My daughter was so happy and excited when she saw the cartoon characters. Besides this, there was also carolling at some shopping malls. I really felt the Christmas spirit after listening to those Christmas carols.

 

On Christmas day, I visited my Eurasian friend and we were served roast turkey, a traditional dish for them. We also had champagne, shepherd’s pie, and some other delicious food. We enjoyed ourselves very much at his house enjoying the nice food and listening to Christmas songs performed by his church friends.

 

For me, whether it is Christmas or Chinese New Year, I am always eager to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment