Thursday 19 February 2015

My Childhood Days


My hometown is in Malacca and my childhood memories there were most unforgettable. The place that I lived is the kampong style, whereby we planted fruits and even growing our own vegetables. The good thing about living in kampong is that there is not much traffic, so it is pollution free and the morning air is very fresh.

 

During my childhood days, I usually hanged around with neighbours around my age. We had a lot of things in common, so every day was a happy day for us with no arguments and worries. Life was just happy-go-lucky for me. There were also times where I was very mischievous and I encountered many incidents. There was an incident where I had a fall and injured myself with a sprained ankle. I was climbing up a tree to pluck some mangoes and before I had plucked I just missed a step on the tree and fell onto the ground. For the next two weeks I was in clutches with a limp and so I had to obediently stay at home. During that time I missed my playing times with my neighbours. I could just watched them playing and running around by the window.

 

At the age of seventeen I went to Singapore and that was the first time I left my family. I was the only son and my mother would not bear to part with me. However after much persuasions from me she reluctantly allowed me to go ahead. In order to pursue my career I had to make such a decision. While I was in Singapore I went to stay with my aunt, my mother’s sister for about six months. After that I rented a room because at that time I worked till very late and I did not want to impose on my aunt too much.

 

Now I have my own flat and I find that things look brighter for me now and I am still moving forward for an even brighter future to achieve my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment