Saturday 7 February 2015

How I started my Business ?


I have been doing aircon servicing for almost two decades.  I started as a sub-contractor with only one part time worker. During that time, I only have a motor cycle to commute from house to house. It was no easy job for me especially on rainy days when I would get drenched even with my rain coat on. On top of that, I together with my worker , had to carry the tools in a bag slung onto our body. This went on for two years and after that I rented a van for convenience.  Business then was catching up with more servicing jobs coming in.

 

Eventually, I managed to buy my own van and rented a room in my friend’s office. However, my servicing jobs continued to grow even better and I was able to buy an office. Fortunately all this time, things just worked out smoothly and I was able to expand my business by not only doing residential servicing but also commercial servicing.

 

To date, I have six vans and twelve workers doing the servicing jobs. In this way, I could now concentrate on the customer service side and even give some of them opinions about air conditioner installation. I also have four ladies in my office doing accounts, administration and purchasing jobs.

 

Most importantly, I hope to see my business keep on expanding and my workers and office staff working for me as long as they could.

No comments:

Post a Comment