Friday 30 January 2015

My Holiday


Travelling is part of my leisure time.  Whenever I have the time, I would love to travel to countries like China, Vietnam, Thailand and many more other countries if time permits. A few years ago, I travelled to ‘Huanglong’, a scenic and historic area in the north western part of Sichuan, China. This place is located in a mountainous area and is terribly high, so much so, that I actually need to prepare myself with oxygen as I went along.  In the beginning, I was hesitating whether or not to go up the mountain because of the height. Finally I decided to go along because after all, I had already travelled all the way there.  To reach the highest peak, I had no choice but to climb the steps all the way through because there were not any cable cars at that time.  Upon reaching there, I was terribly tired.  The higher I climbed up, the thinner the air was.  I found myself quite breathless, but luckily with the oxygen I still could take it. As the weather was around 7 degrees, I was feeling very, very cold even with my thick clothing on. After seeing the scenic mountainous view, snow-clad peaks and numerous colourful ponds of different sizes, I simply forgot the tiredness that I went through earlier. 

 

Last year I went to Vietnam and it was a memorable trip.  I went to “Cu Chi Tunnels” a popular and interesting tourist spot. The tunnels were used by the Vietnamese soldiers as hiding spots as well as serving communications and supply routes during the war. Regretfully, I did not have the chance to experience the trail along the tunnel because of my big built.  Only the slim and small built persons were able to go through the tunnel as it was quite narrow and low.

 

The other unforgettable and enjoyable tourist area in Vietnam is the “Mekong River” cruise.  Along the cruise, I can witness how the locals make their living on the waters. I can see numerous water boats laden with fruits, vegetables, household wares and cooked food. I find that taking the cruise is a great way to see life in the country with paddy fields and plantations.

 

To erase all the hard work from my mind, I think that travelling is a great way for relaxation and to take away stress

No comments:

Post a Comment