Monday 26 January 2015

Why do I name my company "Billy Air Conditioning & Electrical Engineering"


Singapore, being a tropical country is so hot, so much so, that almost each and every household is equipped with one or more air conditioners.  Some even prefer to choose certain brands of their own liking, while some will just leave it to the company to offer their advice on the choice of air conditioners.  As for commercial usage, needless to say, it is a must to install air conditioners irregardless of small or big companies.

Aircon servicing companies in Singapore is very competitive. It is in fact island wide but despite the numerous companies, I still choose and prefer to work on aircon servicing, simply because I have a strong passion in this field.  Eventually in the year 1995, I set up my own company.  I named my company as Billy Aircon and Electrical Engineering.  I used the name “Billy” simply because the word “Billy” means beautiful and profitable in Chinese interpretation.  The word “Billy” is very impressive not only to myself but also to my customers.  In actual fact for a company that is doing aircon servicing, the meaning of beautiful is actually rather rare and unusual because after all, this is a technical line therefore it is actually something very different.  The word ‘beautiful’ is often used more for companies like art, boutiques, flowers and many more.  However the name “Billy Aircon & Electrical Engineering” will not only be impressive, but also brings happy memories to me from all my customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment