Friday 23 January 2015

How to save on your Electricity bills


In Singapore, my family of three lives in a 5 room flat. All my three bedrooms and living room are equipped with air conditioners. I chose to use ‘MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC – STARMEX” because this is the quietest air conditioner in the market and so will not disturb my sleep which I really need due to my long hours of work in the day.  With proper installation using good quality materials will definitely give a longer life span to my air conditioners. Copper pipes is one of the good quality materials that should be used. In addition, the refrigerant gas to top the air conditioners is also very important.  In order to save on the electrical bills, the aircon temperature must be set wisely to not lower than 26 degrees. As for the fan motor, it is advisable to set to medium. Maintaining our air conditioners through regular servicing can easily save our electricity bills by at least 10%.  Windows and doors should not be opened unnecessary when air conditioners are on.

 

Thus, when we are saving our electricity costs by reducing our energy consumption we also help to reduce global warming too.

No comments:

Post a Comment